This project is read-only.

Running Under VS2013

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:18 PM
The location for several of the project references have changed for VS2013 so you will need to update the following references, otherwise your project will not build:

Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Sql
Microsoft.Data.Tools.Utilities
Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac
Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.Extensions

For VS2013 they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DAC\bin\
Jan 9, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Hi Nigel, those should be the same as the references currently in the project - what were they when you downloaded it? I'd be interested to know about any issues and work on resolving them. Thanks!
Jan 10, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Hi Kevin,
The <HintPath> setting in the .proj file is a relative path. I installed on my D: drive dev folder which caused the issue. I have just tried installing on the C: drive and the issue does not occur. You could add a readme with things like this as your target demographic of SQL developers may not be super clued up on fixing references in C# projects.

I hope you continue to add to the project and develop the tutorials as they have done a great job of opening my eyes to the possibilities that dacpacs might hold for SQL development and deployment

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:11 AM
OK, I've updated the hint paths so that they are fully qualified (C:\Program Files (x86)...) rather than relative. Thanks for raising this and let me know if you run into any other issues!